Easter Egg Hunt

During my first year of teaching, my co-worker gave me an awesome Easter Egg Hunt for my class to use.  It was a picture that needed to be completed.  Students found an egg, read the directions inside, and followed the directions to complete their picture.  I thought it was brilliant!  I loved that it wasn't just a "for fun" activity.  It involved reading/listening.  I used that activity every year... until this year.  My only copy left was so badly photocopied (and beyond outdated) that I had no other choice but to make my own

I put together an Easter picture for students to complete.  I typed up 24 directions to hide in plastic eggs around the room.  When I taught first grade, I had one student at a time find an egg and read us the directions.  This year, I am going to number the directions and let them find them on their own.  I including a recording sheet, so they could see what numbers they still needed to find.  

Included in this packet are:
-an Easter picture scene for students to complete
-24 directions (in 4 formats, including color/bw)
-a recording sheet for independent students

If you would like more directions, or something else added to this activity, please let me know!  I'd be happy to update it!  :)  

If you follow me on instagram, I had a flash freebie for this one today!  It just might happen again, so keep your eyes peeled!  :)

If you missed it, I'll give it away to the first two people to comment on this post!  
(Don't forget to leave your email address.)

Happy {almost} Easter!  

5 comments

Karyn said...

Oh this sounds awesome! I'd love it! I hope I'm one of the first two!

Karyn
Kideducator@comcast.net

pippi said...

This sounds so fun!

Robin Harris said...

Seriously...how have I not been following my Instagram friend???!!! And...my Walking Dead buddy??
What's up with that??

At least I am now!

Your Easter Egg Hunt looks awesome!
Robin
The Bomb-Diggity Classroom

Lori R said...

This looks like a lot of fun!
lraines78@gmail.com

Pauline Pretz said...

Janae, thank you for stopping by my blog!. I had to hop over to yours and I am now following your instagram in hopes of grabbing a freebie of your Easter Egg Hunt. It sounds so fun!
Pauline at First Grade by the Sea