Penguin Pie

I saw this cute idea for Penguin Pie and knew I had to try and incorporate it into our busy schedule somehow. Luckily we had earned our Lucky Party and I decided this activity would be perfect. It was a lot of fun, and still educational. I have a lot of books about penguins, but one of my favorite ones is:


I think it is so funny, and the kids love it. I read this book to them to introduce our activity. Then we passed out the Penguin Pies (AKA Dilly Bars from DQ), estimated how many bites it would take us to eat it, completed some similes, and then wrote the actual number of bites it took to eat it. It was a very fun and messy activity, but the kids loved it. Next year I may buy some cheaper "Penguin Pies", like from Wal-Mart. :)










2 comments

Avrey &Cody Hendrix said...

Hi! I'm a grade 2 teacher and I have a few questions for you about this blog and about teaching. I'm from Alberta, as well... small world. Please email me at aveandcody@gmail.com Then we can email questions rather than over your darling blog. Thanks!

Rachelle said...

Looks great, messy, and FUN! Yes...I would recommend that you buy the cheap "Penguin Pies". I buy mine at Wal-Mart, but I'm wondering if Costco has them? They would be SUPER cheap ;)
*Glad you liked it!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com